- A Managed Wireless Network Architecture
What is Meghadoot?
The project involves implementing a network architecture (Meghadoot) for wireless networks and the routing protocol in kernel space. The network architecture tries to reduce the overhead in a Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) by introducing an Infrastructure Node (IN). All the moblie nodes(MN) would register with the IN, which would preserve this information. The MNs would also refresh their identity with the IN. Every route request is sent to the IN which would perform centralised routing and would reply complete source route from source to destination. Communication between the MNs, thus, uses source routing. This paper contains a thorough description of meghadoot along with the performance results..
- Internet Access to All MNs
- Mobility between control zones under different INs
- Linux 2.6.5 kernel (We developed it on a 2.6.5-138, FC2 machine)
The current version of Meghadoot, implemented as a kernel modeule is available here. Please compile it using the script compile.sh and run it using the script run.sh. Look at the script run.sh inside it to know how to run it.
- Automatic address configuration using DHCP
- Address timeouts
- Providing DNS services for Meghadoot